Monday, October 11, 2010

"Bless us, O Lord ... "

It is crucial for me to start my work day with the right mindset. If I begin in a slump, I might not get out until I leave in the evening (or until lunch).

As the clocks hits 8:30 AM (or so) and I march up six flights of stairs to my office, what am I thinking? Do I dread, "How in the world am I going to make it through the next eight hours?" Or can I see broader, "I have been given a job to do. I will be strong. What opportunities await?"

Eating a meal does not usually evoke a similar dilemma. But in the same way that we pray for blessing upon our food, might I not pray for blessing upon my work before I begin?
"Bless me, O Lord, through this, my work, which I am about to undertake, which You have placed before me. May I do well, and bring You glory, and cooperate with the work of the Cross, undertaken by Christ, our Lord. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Followers