Wednesday, December 7, 2011

St. Nicholas, Pray for Us!

Someone (and it was't me) left three bags of chocolate coins in our group's printer room yesterday (06Dec11), the very same day as St. Nicholas' feast day.

To me, it seems very unlikely that this gesture was not a salute to the traditional story of St. Nick's fourth-century gift of three bags of gold coins to the father who otherwise would have had to sell his daughters into slavery.

Fittingly, the chocolates were left anonymously, just as St. Nicholas had done.

If I had been the one to bring the chocolates, it would have inconsistent with the story for me to explain it to others. But since I hadn't been the one to offer the salute, I was able to explain the chocolates' significance to two colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Followers